The Dessert Dash involves each table combining their bids to claim one of the delicious desserts available at tonight’s event. The table with the highest bid receives first chance at dashing to the dessert table and picking the dessert of their choice! To obtain your chance at the most delectable, scrumptious dessert, simply complete the Dessert Dash Bidder Card on your table! Be careful though… you’ll need to bid high to be the first table called and be fast to get your favorite dessert because the next winning table number will be called quickly… thus, the DASH part of the Dessert Dash!
- Each table will have a “Dessert Dash Bidders Card”.
- Each person at the table can decide how much they want to contribute.
- On the Bidders Card, enter your name and your bid amount, and your Dessert Dash bid will be added to your receipt at the end of the night.
- Once every one has put their bid on the card, total the amount and write it in the total box.
- There will be a hostess coming around to each table to collect the cards before dinner is over.
- Pick one person from your group to be the “Dessert Dasher”.
- The Dessert Dash will begin right after dinner. To begin, the emcee will announce the table with the highest bid amount and then call the next highest in approximately 10 seconds until all the tables that placed bids have been called.
- The Dessert Dasher must be in a sitting position at your table when the table number is announced.
- Once your table name is announced, your Dessert Dasher will run (the more animated, the better time the rest of us have watching!) to the dessert table and pick the dessert of their choice… hopefully your bid was high enough to get the dessert of your choice!
- Carefully bring the dessert back to the table… and, yes, you have to share!
- HAVE FUN!! Support DTC and bid high to be the first table to pick one of the delicious desserts.
Heads or Tails
This game is played in less than 10 minutes and the winner will win the fabulous Valentine Celebration gift basket. You must purchase a $5 “Heart Necklace” as your ticket to play. These will be sold throughout the evening and the game will be played prior to the Local Celebrity Lip-Sync Battle. Our emcee will ask that all “Heads or Tails” participants stand and he will then ask them to choose either “heads” (shown by putting their hands on their heads) or “tails” (shown by putting their hands on their buttocks). The emcee will then toss the coin calling out the result, “heads” or “tails”. Those whose hands are placed to match the side of the coin tossed remain standing. All others are eliminated and must sit down. The emcee will again repeat the instructions on placing hands on heads or tails and will flip the coin again. This is repeat- ed until there is one remaining guest standing who will be the winner.